Jaguar Car Club of Victoria – Duties of the JOTI Registrar
The JOTI Registrar is responsible for capturing all the information related to the Club’s largest annual event and produce meaningful documentation to support all the related JOTI committee members in the execution their duties with the goal of achieving a successful largest Jaguar only concours show in North America.
The JOTI Registrar will with work closely with the President, Webmaster, JOTI Chairperson and various JOTI committee members (eg. Chief Judge) to ensure proper reporting documents are produced to allow these members to carry out their respective functions.
Ideal skills for the Club’s JOTI Registrar position should include the following:
- Excellent organization skills;
- Reasonable computer literacy;
- Knowledge of computer spreadsheets;
- Ability to retrieve data from internet websites; and
- Ability to put JOTI data collected into meaningful reports to assist JOTI committee members with their functions.
Computer templates will be provided to the incoming Registrar to assist in the transition and ensure conformity with previous reporting formats.
Timeline of JOTI Registrar Duties
- Work with the Board, specifically the Club Treasurer and Club Webmaster to ensure the JOTI on-line registration process has all the correct current pricing, cut-off dates and reporting functions working properly;
- Test the website JOTI registration for errors and omission and assist the Webmaster in making corrections;
- Prepare the JOTI registration Master Data File which needs to compile data specific to the number of classes in the concours show and the number of persons attending various social functions. Special attention needs to be made to ensure that all vehicles have specific descriptions and these descriptions are consistent for reporting purposes. Ensure each registration has its own unique registration number;
- Prepare a manual JOTI registration form to use when any website registration is not possible (eg. Barry Mason from Vancouver).
February through June
- Collect data from the JOTI registration website and enter the data into the pre-formatted Master Data File;
- Produce for the Board a monthly JOTI summary which should include the number of vehicles registered per class and number of participants at each social function;
- On a monthly basis, reconcile the JOTI registrations with all bank and credit card facilities (Stripe and Paypal) to ensure proper accounting and accuracy for financial reporting purposes. Keep a record of any non-payments as these monies will have to be collected at the event;
- Produce monthly reports to the Chief Judge of all vehicles registered for concours events and judges who have volunteered for concours judging.
After the JOTI registration cut-off date, the following reports will have to be completed, printed and sent to the appropriate committee members to assist them in their functions:
- Volunteer Judge Detail – JOTI reg’n #, name, Phone #, E-mail, JCNA Club, JCNA#
- Champion Division Detail – JOTI reg’n #, name, phone, e-mail, JCNA Club, JCNA #, vehicle year, vehicle model, vehicle JCNA class, vehicle colour, vehicle field placement location
- Driven Division Detail – JOTI reg’n #, name, phone, e-mail, JCNA Club, JCNA #, vehicle year, vehicle model, vehicle JCNA class, vehicle colour, vehicle field placement location
- Special Division Detail – JOTI reg’n #, name, phone, e-mail, JCNA Club, JCNA #, vehicle year, vehicle model, vehicle JCNA class, vehicle colour, vehicle field placement location
- Slalom Division Detail – JOTI reg’n #, name, phone, e-mail, JCNA Club, JCNA #, vehicle year, vehicle model, vehicle JCNA class, vehicle colour
- Vehicle Type Summary – JOTI reg’n $, name, model type, model year, class, division
- Registration Location – JOTI reg’n #, name, address (used for determining farthest distance award)
- Scoring Summaries for all Concours entrants. Used by Chief Judge in determining winning entrants. Data to include reg’n #, name, JCNA Club & #, vehicle model & year & class
- Attendee List for Reception – reg’n #, name, # attending
- Attendee List for Banquet – reg’n #, name, # attending
- Dinner labels for banquet attendees specifying meat or fish
- Attendee List for Brunch – reg’n #, name, # attending
- Hospice List – list of participants who have donated to Hospice – name, address, amount
Registration packages will have to be made and sorted alphabetically to be distributed to participants upon their arriving at the field. These registration packages are made up the following:
- 10” x 13” manila envelope
- Pre-printed labels to include reg’n #, name, vehicle year & type, vehicle class, field location
- Windscreen Card (in appropriate class colour for each division) to include reg’n #, vehicle year & type, name & home location, JCNA # and Club
- For judged classes, Divisional Score sheets (four pages) to include reg’n #, JOTI date, host club #, name, address, class, JCNA #, vehicle year & type & colour
- JCNA Special Event Registration Form for Slalom entrants to include event name, date, participant name, address, phone, vehicle year & make & model
- “Goodies” which have been collected, donated by sponsors or purchased by the Club to be included in the registration package
On the DAY OF EVENT, special forms will be needed to capture the participants who have not pre-registered. These are the following forms that need to be printed in advance:
- Day of Event Registration Form (to be completed by participant)
- JOTI Credit card authorization (to be completed by participant)
- Day of Event Registration & Cash Summary
- Work with the Club Treasurer to review the financial report of the JOTI show, then compile all relevant data to prepare the Annual JOTI Report and JOTI Registration Analysis for the Board and publication in the Growler.