JAGUAGRAM – WRITING CONTEST
2 CATEGORIES: SHORT STORY and RANDOM
Calling all JAGUAR ENTHUSIASTS to submit entries.
Entries must deal with Jaguars (automobiles).
Entries must be your own original work.
Entries (category short stories) can be max. 1000 words long (no minimum).
Entries (category random) can be max. 500 words long (no minimum).
You may submit ONE entry in each category. CONTEST RUNS FROM MARCH 15 TO MAY 31, 2019. See OFFICIAL RULES below. We look forward to receiving your entry(s)! Click here to read the winning entries of 2018 Official Rules:
Please submit online: JCCV@shaw.ca
THE PRIZE (each category): Two tickets to the Awards Dinner at Jaguars on the Island (JOTI 2019) or a cash equivalent of CAD 150.00 and publication in JCCV’s award-winning monthly newsletter THE ISLAND GROWLER, on our WEBSITE, on our FACEBOOK and on our TWITTER page.
1. To enter submit your short story and ‘random’ entry via JCCV@shaw.ca or the JCCV website
2. All entries become the property of JCCV. JCCV is not responsible for lost, destroyed, misdirected or delayed entries. All entries must be completed and received during the contest entry period as noted below.
3. Number of Entries. One entry per category.
4. Contest Entry Periods. The contest begins on March 15, at 9:00 am Pacific Time and ends on May 31, 2019, at 6:00 pm Pacific Time. Only entries completed within the contest entry period will be eligible. Ineligible entries will be discarded.
5. A panel of judges will determine a first prize winner for each category. The winners will be announced in July 2019. Winners will be contacted by phone or email.
6. The chances of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Prizes include one of each of the following for each category:
Two tickets to the Awards Dinner at Jaguars on the Island (JOTI) 2019 or a cash equivalent of CAD 150.00 and publication in The Island Growler, on the JCCV website, on our Facebook and on our Twitter page
8. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable.
9. The decisions are final and not subject to challenge.
10. In the event that a contest winner is not eligible or cannot be contacted after reasonable efforts by JCCV, JCCV has the right to qualify another participant and JCCV is released from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
11. By entering the contest, each participant agrees to accept and abide by these rules.
12. By entering the contest, each participant agrees that JCCV and its trustees, officers, employees, agents and assigns is not liable or responsible for any loss, damage or injury of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or the prizes awarded.
13. By entering the contest, participants and winners consent to the use of personal information for the purposes of administering this contest and notifying the winner, unless permission is otherwise granted to receive additional information from JCCV.
14. By claiming a prize, the contest winner consents to the use of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and city of residence without compensation for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium which JCCV considers appropriate.
15. Claiming Prizes. All prizes must be claimed within 10 days of notification. After 10 days, prizes become the property of JCCV, and JCCV is released from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
16. JCCV reserves the right to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of any prize for any reason whatsoever.
17. JCCV reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice.
18. These contest rules are available upon request from JCCV.
19. The contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
CONTEST RUNS FROM MARCH 15 TO MAY 31, 2019.
See OFFICIAL RULES below.
We look forward to receiving your entry(s)!
Click here to read the winning entries of 2018